Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Capitalism, American Style...

There's nothing wrong with capitalism
There's nothing wrong with free enterprise
Don't try to make me feel guilty
I'm so tired of hearing you whine

—"capitalism", by Oingo Boingo

Don't get me wrong. I'm no free-market fundamentalist glibertarian, but I gotta tell you... I find it amusing as all hell that we can have serious discussions about a single-payer bond issuer insurance program, and that's not cause for alarm that the Communists are taking over America, but Ye Gods Help Us if we have to get into another conversation about universal health care coverage.
Jan. 23 (Bloomberg) -- New York State's insurance regulators met today with U.S. banks to discuss raising new capital for bond insurers, said a department spokesman.

Talks in New York with the unnamed banks are part of Insurance Superintendent Eric Dinallo's effort to stabilize the bond guarantors and bolster the market's financial condition, said agency spokesman Andrew Mais in an interview.
[...]
Excuse me, sir. I speak commie-pinko traitorspeak. I can translate for you. To "stabilize the bond guarantors and bolster the market's financial condition" is basically another way of saying "from each according to their ability and to each according to his needs."

Pass the borscht, comrade.

No comments: