Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ouch, That's Gotta Hurt...

I'm sorry. I just have to give props to Teresa Nielsen Hayden, one of the proprietors of Making Light, for cracking off this masterful flame at our friend Alec Rawls.

For those who don't know, Alec Rawls is the son of John Rawls, political philosopher of the American gods. Young Alec appears not to be endowed with quite so much potential for keen insight— he's the source of all that wacky conspiracy theory coming out of Lower Wingnut Blogistan about how the Flight 93 Memorial site design is a Shrine to Islamo-fascism.

Click through to comment thread at TBogg's place I linked above. Teresa's comment is full of all kinds of interesting trivia, but I'm primarily interested in bringing her snarky quip at the end of the comment to your attention.

When she finally concluded with the following paragraph...
If any of the corrected methods for more accurately identifying and bisecting the tips of the crescent show that the memorial is in fact pointing toward Istanbul, I'm willing to entertain the notion that what we have here is an actual Byzantine conspiracy; but that's as far as I'm willing to take it.
...I laughed so hard, I scared the cats. (The cats are usually pretty blasé about my belly-laughs, so that's saying something.)

No comments: