Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I refuse to believe I'm the first one to think of this...

But I can't help but thinking now, if the whole "nuke Iran" story isn't some sort of canard; a deliberate attempt to stampede the left into believing that we are preparing to turn Persia into a glassy parking lot.

The ostensible purpose of such a put up job would be an idiotic form brinksmanship. The sort of heads-up poker where you want you opponent to believe your just a little crazy, by making it look like you accidentally gave away a tell when you actually wanted to send that message.

I, of course, have absolutely no proof of any of this; I am just thinking that our response to this has been pretty predictable... If it was my job to get inside the head of Tehran's strategic thinking with the mission of convincing them that we are ready to end the world if they try to make a bomb, this is exactly how I'd go about it...

Which, in retrospect is probably why its a good thing I am not in charge of doing this task. Because the outcome is almost certainly going to be disastrous. It assumes that the Islamo-fascists have more fear of the bomb than we do.

I'm not sure that's a good bet...

mojo sends

No comments: