Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's the End of the World as We Know It...

Okay s9... the die might apparently really be cast...

Remember a couple of weeks ago on the wire, I was absolutely thrilled with the President calling for the end to the Posee Commitatus Act?

Well, today, apparently, the President openly called for using the U.S. Military including federalizing the National Guard for quarantining sections of the country in the event of an outbreak of avian flu...

Here's yer money graf:
One example: If we had an outbreak somewhere in the United States, do we not then quarantine that part of the country, and how do you then enforce a quarantine? When -- it's one thing to shut down airplanes; it's another thing to prevent people from coming in to get exposed to the avian flu. And who best to be able to effect a quarantine? One option is the use of a military that's able to plan and move.

And so that's why I put it on the table. I think it's an important debate for Congress to have. I noticed the other day, evidently, some governors didn't like it. I understand that. I was the commander-in-chief of the National Guard, and proudly so, and, frankly, I didn't want the President telling me how to be the commander-in-chief of the Texas Guard. But Congress needs to take a look at circumstances that may need to vest the capacity of the President to move beyond that debate.


Well, that's the ballgame, isn't it? I mean, if they are planning this, like they planned the search for "weapons of mass destruction" then I am definitely getting that sinking fnordy feeling...

Dude this is insane! They cannot honestly be thinking this!

And this is why you put a Harriet Miers on the court. Someone who will make sure that no court in the land interferes with W's coup d'etat!

Makes it all lawfulized and shiny... get yer sandbags today and avoid the rush...

mojo sends

No comments: