Friday, August 19, 2005

Explosion in Downtown San Francisco

It happened about an hour ago. I haven't turned on the radio or the television. Here's what KCBS, our local CBS News affiliate, posted on its website. No one killed. One person injured. FBI says it was "electrical in nature, possibly related to construction going on in the area."

Unfortunately for me, I found out about it by surfing Freeperville. Check out the comments in this discussion thread.

To: Reeses

Gay terrorists?..........



5 posted on 08/19/2005 10:07:44 AM PDT by Red Badger
(Want to be surprised? GOOOOGLE your own name. Want to have fun? GOOOOGLE your neighbor's......)



To: Reeses

Live-fire practice for the Harvey Milk memorial gerbil pyrotechnic show.



15 posted on 08/19/2005 10:09:05 AM PDT by RichInOC
("ARMAGEDDON!!!" *BOOM!* "And the rodents' red glare...gerbils bursting in air...")



To: zarf

Gay Days celebration?---- Heckfahr, that's every day there, ain't it? LMAO

26 posted on 08/19/2005 10:10:41 AM PDT by Past Your Eyes
(Some people are too stupid to be ashamed.)



To: Mr. Mojo

I hope we won't surrender CA to the Palestinians because of this.

Why not?


41 posted on 08/19/2005 10:12:59 AM PDT by dubyaismypresident
(The constitution is not in exile, it's in a nice safe deposit box in the Cayman Islands - Lileks)


When you live in a city as old as San Francisco, you learn not to be too surprised when the infrastructure occasionally explodes. This sort of thing happens because of poor attention to occupational health and safety concerns a lot more often than it does because some terrorist sets off a bomb. I've lived in San Francisco for more than ten years, and I can remember at least a dozen similar newsworthy events in that time— and none of them were terrorist bombs. Yet, look at how Freeperville reacted.

More to the point, look at how Freeperville is reveling in the destruction caused by what they have idiotically assumed was a terrorist attack. One can only imagine what the comments removed by the moderators contained. Remind me again why I should quit my job, sell my house, leave my family and join the Army to defend the way of life these choads think I owe them. (No, I'm not in a big hurry to do that, but they keep insisting that somebody, somewhere should— and I find it's like pulling teeth to get them to tell me who they have in mind for it.)

America: The Power of PRIDE.

No comments: