Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Further Signs of Impending Doom...

You know, you would almost have to go through the William Morris Agency to get guys like Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Fortunately, Juan Cole at his blog has a reasonable take on this, along with the The Le Monde translation of this Ahmadinejad's screed.

If I was a cynical person, I would almost be tempted to remember that great "X-Files" episode Dreamland where Michael McKean plays a MIB and tells the lone gunmen:
"Saddam Hussein? There is no Saddam Hussein. I invented him. His real name is John Gilnitz, I found him doing dinner theater in Boca Raton, in The King and I."
Read Ahmadinejad's letter. I have to concur with Cole, the guy's a crank, whatever points he might be raising. At the end of the day, his assertion is that "liberal democracy" has failed and the world's only hope is theocratic fascism.

He then asks if W does not want to join him in pursuing this brave new world...

No... I am not sleeping any better...

mojo sends

No comments: