- Yet more excellent political counsel for Democrats, whose party is currently controlled by an elite cadre who have lost their ability to use hard-headed common sense to separate fact from fiction. The sooner that party begins sharing its leadership positions with the younger generation of activists who came of age well after the end of the Vietnam War, the better off everyone will be. The "boomer" generation of Democrats have got to go, and it would be nice if they would go quietly... for once in their miserable lives.
- The Shrill One, Paul Krugman's column today, The Treason Card (shamelessly and righteously pirated here) provides a polite reminder that "the Bush administration and the movement it leads have been engaged in an authoritarian project, an effort to remove all the checks and balances that have heretofore constrained the executive branch."
- Lindsay Beyerstein keeps the torch lit for Wiccan veterans of American foreign wars. You know, of course, what this means is that the Veteran's Administration is pissing on the Christian cross in this affair, by turning the symbol of one of the world's great religions into just another secular badge of fraternal association. After all, we're certain the VA isn't motivated by religious bigotry or anything like that. It's purely an aesthetic choice. They just think pentagrams clash with the rest of the artwork.
- Keeping an eye on Karl Rove over the holiday (because, she says, "somebody has to") Molly Ivins predicts a wave of attacks on immigration in the upcoming mid-term election campaigns for Congress.
- Does anything about this ring any bells for you?
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Hey, You Kids! Get Off My Lawn!
Ganked from the excellent Cursor.Org: