Friday, July 07, 2006

I can't begin to tell you how happy...

... this makes me.

Really. I can't.
The report quotes Scott Barfield, a Defense Department investigator, saying, "Recruiters are knowingly allowing neo-Nazis and white supremacists to join the armed forces, and commanders don't remove them from the military even after we positively identify them as extremists or gang members."

Mr. Barfield said Army recruiters struggled last year to meet goals. "They don't want to make a big deal again about neo-Nazis in the military," he said, "because then parents who are already worried about their kids signing up and dying in Iraq are going to be even more reluctant about their kids enlisting if they feel they'll be exposed to gangs and white supremacists."
This is just the most outstanding thing I have heard in a long time. And I have absolutely no doubt that it's not only true, but that at some senior level, it's actually policy.

Do I have to support these troops, too?

No comments: